Sunday, January 18, 2009

Visit to the breeder's home



Today, we drove a good hour or so and had lunch in a town near the breeder's home. We got to the house, and she had set up an ex-pen for the puppies. It was their first time outside! Sydney, the pups' mother, was sweet as anything, and very friendly. She welcomed us checking out her little ones (still only 5 weeks old), and liked to stop next to us to get some lovin'. Rooney was absolutely adorable, and I was surprised at how attentive he was. He was outgoing, but not as much as his black bi brother, but too outgoing isn't necessarily a good thing either. When we held him, he loved to cuddle and acted like he could just stay in our arms forever. I imagine that will change as he becomes more mobile. He filled out quite nicely compared to his littermates, even though he was the runt at birth. He seems to be built very well, and I can't wait to see how different he looks in about 3 weeks when it's decision time. The husband is a little worried about size right now, but I think it'll be fine as long as it's a little smaller than the mother and as long as his eyes don't get that bulgy small-dog look. Anyway, I took some pics of Rooney. I was SO happy too, because I couldn't get any of the other puppies to look up at me.

ROONEY!







You can really see the copper coming out in his face in this one.




Here is Mama Sydney trying to read Pesto's shirt.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful these pictures are!!! You header picture is priceless!!

    Sydney has gorgeous eyes and it looks like Rooney has blue eyes too.

    I just LOVE love love that picture of your son with Rooney.

    Based on that picture alone, I would say that you will be picking up Rooney in three weeks!

    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Staci! Thanks for following our blog. I was really sad to read about your precious Zoe. It's sooo hard to lose a loved one. I have always had a hard time with losing pet dogs/cats. May she rest in peace.

    We took a closer look at Rooney and it really looks like his eyes will turn amber. Right now, his eyes still have a slight film on them from birth and it gives off a bluish color. When we looked at him in the shade, they definitely looked brownish/amberish. It'll be a good while till any of us will know exactly what his eyes will look like, but I'm pretty sure they'll be amber or dark brown. He'll match the rest of the family lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sooo much for your kindness!

    I have always wanted a dog with blue eyes so I was pulling for you. I can't wait to see new pictures of him. They just grow sooo very fast!

    Have a great day!
    Staci

    ReplyDelete